Did you know that many dental offices are breaching HIPAA Privacy and Security laws without realizing it or have employees doing so without their knowledge?
The Health Insurance Portability Act of 1996 and commonly referred to as HIPAA, concerns dentists, dental auxiliaries, dental office staff, dental technicians, and virtually everyone connected with privacy and the confidentiality of patient care. This course explains the Federal HIPAA mandates, enforcement of privacy and electronic records integrity, and reviews consequences of HIPAA violations.
We review the important aspects of HIPAA – The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, including:
1) The HIPAA Privacy Rule, which protects the privacy of individually identifiable health information;
2) The HIPAA Security Rule, which sets national standards for the security of electronic protected health information;
3) The Patient Safety Rule, which protect identifiable information being used to analyze patient safety events and improve patient safety.
This course is suitable for all members of the dental team including dentists, dental auxiliaries, office staff, dental technicians, and new staff orientation.
By the end of this training, you and your staff will be able to:
- Define HIPPA.
- Describe privacy definitions.
- Describe minimum HIPPA compliance.
- Describe HIPPA security measures.
To book this training, contact us here.